Wednesday 20 February 2013

Hump Day Hook #HDH Love Redeems (A Redcliffe Novel)

Having recently sent my final manuscript off to the publisher for printing, I would like to share an excerpt from my upcoming new release Love Redeems (A Redcliffe Novel). I am very excited to see my third book in print, and I hope you will enjoy the snippet, which shows a little action between the witch Jessica Stone, and the alpha werewolf Danny Mason.



“You are the alpha male,” I said, “You are worthy of our attention.”
            “Jessica,” Danny said, “I do not want to play with your tiger.  I want you,” he paused, staring at me with glowing blue eyes, “Jessica, I want you.” He said again.
            I hesitated, mulling over his words.  Something stirred within me, a memory of another man who looked identical to the alpha.  The other man was not a wolf.  He was dead.  I didn’t want a dead thing.  I wanted heat, power, and life.  I moved towards the alpha, my body preparing to pounce.  My movements were smooth, agile and feline.  I loved the way I moved, so graceful and delicate, so strong.  I pounced.


There we go! Not only is Jessica fighting with her wayward animal familiar, but she is about to plunge head first into a love triangle with supernatural identical twin brothers. Will her sanity survive? Will she survive? Wait and see! In the meantime, you can read the story from the beginning by checking out Love Hurts (A Redcliffe Novel) free on Wattpad for a limited time only. You can then sample the sequel Love Kills (A Redcliffe Novel) and follow the progress of our feisty heroine and her tumultuous relationships.

You can see the rest of our Hump Day Hook bloggers on our special website, and on Facebook. Take a look, you won't be disappointed! 

27 comments:

  1. This sounds awesome! Good luck with your release!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure can feel her confusion, and her determination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with the release, it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how intriguing...a triangle with twins? Love it. Want to see how it pans out...great hook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is very tense and very exciting! Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  5. Well, if he wants her, why not pounce? LOL Great hook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why not indeed? Those darn human morals getting in the way again! Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  6. Great hook! Good luck with your release!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, this is hot. Great way to evoke the triangle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Flossie, it did turn out quite well in the end, I was rather impressed!

      Delete
  8. Nice hook! Congrats on your release. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the release of your book, Catherine! And the snippet is as delicious as always. To pounce on a werewolf, that takes guts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ciaran! Well, Jessica was not quite herself during this particular confrontation... ; )

      Delete
  10. I think I'm just as intrigued by the feline familiar as by the love triangle. I'm definitely adding these books to my TBR list. Great hook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jade! I know, the snow tiger really took me by surprise when she appeared in the story!

      Delete
  11. Gotta love a new release! Love the hook!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it. She's a strong woman. Love those heroine types. I definitely wanna read more. Congrats on getting published :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, Jessica had to be strong but she has flaws just like the rest of us...

      Delete
    2. Those are the best types: flawed heroines and heroes. You can relate to them and yet you are rooting for them to prevail :)

      Delete
  13. My Name is Kelly Williams from Canada, i turn to a vampire any time i want to, I become a real vampire because of how people treat me, This world is a wicked world and not fair to any body. At the snack of my finger things are made happened. Am now a powerful vampire and no one step on me without an apology goes free. I turn to human being also at any time i want to. And am one of the most dreaded and respected person in my country. i am now also very famous and rich with the help of the VAMPIRES EMPIRE. i get what ever a want. i become a vampire through the help of my friend who introduce me into a vampire Kingdom by given me their email: templeofsuccessandlove1@gmail.com, if you want to become a powerful and a real vampire kindly contact the vampire kingdom on their email: templeofsuccessandlove1@gmail.com for help. it is real. Contact them today. templeofsuccessandlove1@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete