Wednesday 12 June 2013

Paranormal Power Struggles in Love Redeems (A Redcliffe Novel) #HDH

Hello and welcome to the Hump Day Hook. Today we have one more visit to Redcliffe in Cornwall, with an excerpt from my third novel Love Redeems (A Redcliffe Novel). At this point, our heroine Jessica Stone is struggling to control her animal familiar, her lust for the werewolf alpha, and to reclaim the vampire she loves from his possessive former lover and mistress.


My heart was pounding.  I wanted to be alone with Danny.  But I knew it was dangerous.  Suri remained silent and watchful, careful not to upset my mood in this delicate situation.  I had no choice.  Danny was the only one that could protect me.  Left alone, I had no chance against Emily Rose and Jack.  I let out a heavy sigh.
“Alright,” I said, “I will stay at your house.  But I need to collect some things from my apartment first.”
            “Of course,” Danny said, and he turned to walk back downstairs.  I followed slowly, fighting to calm my racing heart and regulate my breathing into a more normal rhythm.  This would be a very tense evening, and probably a very tense Sunday as we waited for further activity from the vampires.  I shook my head.  My life was a complete mess.


If you enjoyed this one, why not pop over to our dedicated Hump Day Hook blog and peruse some new and exciting authors. We write about romance, love, science fiction, fantasy, erotica and everything in-between, so you are sure to find something that delights the senses. You can also find us on Facebook. Happy Humping!  


*Image courtesy of L. Messecar via Deviant Art

15 comments:

  1. Oh, I can feel the tension building. Great hook! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think her life is a little more than a mess! Great hook. :) Hope they're able to resolve it...vampires usually mean nasty business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could be right! Yes, those pesky vampires causing trouble again...

      Delete
  3. That last line could probably be nominated for understatement of the year. A great hook and I like the picture you paired with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vampires and werewolves two of my favourites! Great tension build up I can't wait to see what happens though I'm guessing it will be even worse than she thinks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes, you might be correct there!

      Delete
  5. I found your blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe. Great to connect! You can find me at http://www.sdkeeling.com. I look forward to reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much turmoil and conflict! I would love to see how she handles it, and where it all heads next :D Great writing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's nothing worse than not being in control of your life. Really well captured tension here.

    ReplyDelete