Saturday 31 May 2014

Book Review Captain Corelli’s Mandolin #AmReading

Book Review Captain Corelli’s Mandolin  by Louis De Bernieres



Wow! This is one fantastic novel! I have to admit the book took me a heck of a long time to read, but only because it is very deep, very intelligent, and I started reading it soon after the birth of my baby when my body was going through all sorts of crazy hormone-related stuff. Therefore I think this book is probably one of the longest reading projects I have ever taken. I am so glad I persevered. The first few chapters were quite self-indulgent and fairly boring, but on the recommendations of my book club buddies, I kept going. And I loved it. It made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me cringe. I loved the descriptive language, the variety of characters, and the entertaining history lesson that it gave me.

1 comment: