Wednesday 18 March 2015

My Books are Easy Reads; I’m OK with that #amwriting #ASMSG

There is a world of adventure within the pages of all the books in the world. I know, this sort of thing has been said before. There are various memes and quotes circulating on social media to remind us of this. But it is only since I became a professional writer that I began to look at my writing with a critical eye. I mean, when I was scribbling in my diaries, jotting down notes for stories, and lacking the confidence to allow anyone to see what I wrote, I didn’t need to concern myself with writing form, correct language and plot, and all the other nuances that go into creating a literary masterpiece.


My novels have been described as easy reads. And I like that feedback. Yes, I do hold a dream of one day being recognised as a force of literary power and talent. But I also know that this kind of accolade comes with experience. I am still only at the beginning of a long career in writing. In the space of four years I have published four novels and three short stories, and have written a further three novels (almost). That is a pretty good achievement for a new mother contending with babies, toddlers, family crisis and everything else that happens in the domestic sphere.

  

The Redcliffe novels are written for pleasure. They provide passion, romance, adventure and danger. They offer a chance to escape from the real world, and to immerse yourself in a parallel world, a world that operates within human society, but remains hidden. The Redcliffe novels offer you the chance to look at strangers on the street and ask yourself, “What is their story? Who are they, really?” And that, for me, is the pleasure and the excitement of writing. When I set out to write Love Hurts (A Redcliffe Novel), I never planned initially to turn the story into a trilogy. It was simply the case that as I wrote, my characters became something vibrant and alive, and they demanded more attention. And then I had to write my first historical paranormal novel, The Darkness of Love.

 


I hope you enjoy my easy reads, just as much as I enjoy writing them. My novels have short chapters, they are available in paperback format, and they are ideal for tablet and mobile reading. You can read them very easily during the daily commute or on your lunch break. And if you haven’t tried them yet, the first novel, Love Hurts (A Redcliffe Novel), is only 99p on Kindle. Have a lovely day, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment