Monday 21 January 2019

When Life Gets in the Way


It’s a bloody good job I didn’t set any New Year’s resolutions! So far, I have been so busy with domestic chores, mothering and being the supportive wife, that I have barely even switched my laptop on for more than an hour at a time. I did manage to apply for a few writing-related jobs, so all is not lost, but today I am feeling rather fed-up and frustrated. My blog stats are slipping because I have been absent from social media, my books won’t sell because nobody knows about them, and I haven’t been able to prepare a manuscript for submission to agents. There is always so much to do!


Tomorrow is a new day, however, and for an added bonus it is my birthday. Since I just ran myself ragged preparing and hosting a birthday party for my daughter at the weekend, I am taking some time off while the children are at school, and I am going out for lunch. At least being my own boss, I can take a day off when I need to – but I can’t stop being Mummy and Wife. It’s a good job I love them!


Are you Team Jack or Team Danny? Sign up now and receive your FREE story from #TheRedcliffeNovels series set in Cornwall, England.

No comments:

Post a Comment