Monday 4 July 2022

My Vampire Boyfriend (A Redcliffe Anthology) by Catherine Green

After a while we lay cuddled together on the beach. The sand was cold, hardly a tropical oasis, but it was still beautiful. Jack went to fetch a picnic from the boat, and he returned with a cool box full of food, a bottle of red wine, and a blanket for us to sit on. We shared a very normal, very human lunch, although Jack only drank the wine. He watched me eat, and we chatted about mundane things. I finally began to relax, and I felt my shoulders loosen just a little. I snuggled against his strong body, inhaling his scent, stroking his bare arm with my fingertips as I lay on my side with one arm flung across his chest.

“Do you remember what it was like,” I asked, “To be human?”

🌞Excerpt from the short story My Vampire Boyfriend, from My Vampire Boyfriend (A Redcliffe Anthology)


Download your FREE copy of It’s Complicated (A Redcliffe Short Story) and meet the werewolves of Cornwall, England.  Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment