Monday 18 February 2019

Castles and Caves for Inspiration


While I am busy editing a manuscript for a vampire hunter novel, my mind is beginning to wander away to new territory. I haven’t written any new stories for a couple of months, and now I’m feeling restless. I do have a few unfinished manuscripts that I should probably attend to, but surely, I can allow time for another project in the meantime?


Anyway, I found a little inspiration at the caves I saw when I visited Beeston Castle in Cheshire. As an English Heritage member, I have visited this castle a few times during the past couple of years, but up to now I had not seen the caves. I think my children had been difficult or unwilling to walk that far, although as it turns out, the caves are not too far from the main entrance to the castle grounds. We couldn’t actually go inside the caves as they are fenced off, but I pressed my face to the iron bars and let my imagination wander… would we find a vampire lurking in the darkness, or a pack of hungry werewolves? Or maybe something more sinister still… Let’s see what happens when I start to write a new story.


Are you Team Jack or Team Danny? Sign up now and receive your FREE story from #TheRedcliffeNovels series set in Cornwall, England.


1 comment:

  1. Witches...I always think of witches and ghosts when it comes to caves. But they look awesome. Who knows maybe they'll do a one off cave tour one day!

    ReplyDelete