Monday 3 January 2022

Happy New Year from Paranormal Author Catherine Green

Happy New Year my bookish friends! How do you feel as we move into 2022?

 


I have experienced a disconnect from my writing for the past couple of years while I battled being a single parent alongside lockdowns, growing children and family drama. My writing time dwindled to nothing as I prioritised the needs of my family and friends and devoted more of my time to selfcare and reiki self-healing treatments.

This year I need to return to my books. There is still one more Redcliffe novel awaiting completion and publication, but I have hesitated due to a complete lack of interest in the series so far. With five novels published my sales have been practically non-existent. I know I am a good writer. I know my books are good. I also know that I cannot write, promote, sell, and plan my marketing all by myself, and I cannot afford to pay someone to do it for me. All I can do is write because it makes me happy and if my books are meant to be found I will trust in the Universe to bring forward my readers. I have exhausted all available avenues within my reach.

 


It is not only my Redcliffe novels series that needs attention. I have the sequel to Vampire of Blackpool in progress, and the sequel to my as-yet unpublished novel Hunting the Hunted. And then are more novels to write for my vampire hunter series. I have submitted the manuscript for Hunting the Hunted to various publishers and agents without success, but I refuse to give up.

And so, this year for me will be about writing. I need to go back to basics and do what makes me happy. What will you do this year?

Are you Team Jack or Team Danny? Sign up now and receive your FREE story from #TheRedcliffeNovels series set in Cornwall, England.

1 comment:

  1. Belated Happy New Year! By the way, this is Michael Clark a logo designer at Build Your Logos.

    ReplyDelete