Sunday 30 October 2022

A Good Night Out Goes Bad in Vampire Horror Story ‘Love Hurts’ #TheRedcliffeNovels

Happy Halloween! Here is an excerpt from Love Hurts (A Redcliffe Novel). This is a scene between Jessica Stone and Marcus Scott (whose story you read in The Darkness of Love), on the evening when they first meet…

 


Excerpt

Marcus reached up to stroke my hair and I was suddenly alert, sobered by this inappropriate behaviour. I tried to push him away. 

“Marcus please, I’m with Jack,” I said in a shaking voice, “I don’t know what you are expecting.”

“Shush Jessica.” he replied, “Jack won’t mind. Trust me.” 

He leaned his face in against me, and his body was firm and heavy. He was too strong for me to move. I tried to struggle but he pinned my arms at my sides. Now I was starting to panic. I raised my voice but was suddenly hoarse, maybe from the alcohol.

 “Marcus stop!” I cried, “Please stop, you’re hurting me!”

I was suddenly in a blind panic as he lifted his head, his face pale, and his eyes wild.  He opened his mouth and I tried to scream. He was going to bite me! 

 


Enter the world of #TheRedcliffeNovels and download the book now.

Download your FREE copy of It’s Complicated (A Redcliffe Short Story) and meet the werewolves of Cornwall, England.  Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment