Tuesday 8 January 2013

2013 Writing Plans for Redcliffe and Beyond

I have begun 2013 on a bit of a mission. In 2012 I got a little distracted by other activities, but I still managed to publish my second novel and write a separate one for NaNoWriMo. I also wrote a couple of short stories, but they took a while. In retrospect, I did not put in the effort I would have liked with my writing, and so this year I intend to reconcile that issue.

A big challenge for an Indie author is that of self promotion and book marketing. I have learned a lot about the industry during my almost two years on the job, so to speak. There is still a lot more for me to learn, and I have several books and training manuals still to consult on the topic of SEO, marketing and treating the job like a small business. All in all, I rather like being an entrepreneur, or rather, a mumpreneur!

Anyway, one of my targets for 2013 is to submit more short stories for publication in anthologies. These are a good way to spread the word about writing talents, to share ideas for prospective new novels, and continue to build on the growing audience for a series we might be writing. In my case I have written two short stories that feature characters and locations from my Redcliffe novels. One is a vampire story, and the other one features the werewolves.

I was pleasantly surprised today to discover that I already have three short stories that are edited and presentable for submission. Now I need to find the right publishers. Shouldn't be too hard! I also have a novella seeking publication, I have a novel waiting to be edited, and I am writing another separate novel about a vampire hunter who discovers something interesting about her past lives (even I am not sure what that is just yet!)

When I have completed all of that, or rather, while I am still completing all of that, I have to write the fourth Redcliffe novel. This will be a little difficult since I changed the ending to Love Redeems (A Redcliffe Novel) - book 3, and so my original notes for book 4 are totally useless! Hey-ho, it's all part of the fun. Now if only my beloved Muse would wake up, step forward, and give me some inspiration it will all come together...

No comments:

Post a Comment