Thursday 27 December 2012

Hump Day Hook for Love Kills (A Redcliffe Novel)

It is time for another Hump Day Hook snippet from my second novel Love Kills (A Redcliffe Novel). I trust you have all had a wonderful Christmas holiday and are preparing for an exciting New Year celebration. There will be more from Redcliffe in 2013, starting with the release of my third book, Love Redeems (A Redcliffe Novel). Stay tuned, and in the meantime, here is something to whet your appetite.


*WARNING* - VIOLENT IMAGERY - NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED!

Kimberley started to move and then suddenly her hand was at my throat.  She pushed me hard against the wall and I panicked, struggling to breathe.  Before she could speak Danny grabbed her, yanked her back, and threw her across the room so that she skidded and crashed into the wooden chairs.  I sank to the floor, hands to my throat, catching my breath, coughing and spluttering violently as my body reacted in fear.  Danny was crouched above Kimberley, growling and snarling but still in human form.  He punched her and the sound echoed through the room.  She cried out and I heard her whimper and beg him for forgiveness.  His voice was clear and terrifying.
“You ask my forgiveness?” he roared, slapping her face, “You should ask for Jessica’s!  She is my friend, and I welcome her here into our lair with a promise of protection.  You will protect her as our own, Kimberley, or you will be cast out.  What do you choose?”


Don't forget to check out our Facebook group for more exciting novel snippets and lots of fabulous authors. Happy reading! 



2 comments: