Monday 4 March 2013

I Mourn for Being Human as it reaches the End

Last night I watched my favourite TV show, Being Human. It was an emotional time when the announcer reminded the audience that this final series is almost over. Next weekend we see the grand finale, which draws to a close 5 wonderful seasons of this innovative and action packed supernatural drama.

According to the writers at BBC3, who broadcast Being Human, this was never meant to be so big. It was an experiment, to see how the television audience reacted to watching the story of a ghost, a vampire and a werewolf living together in Bristol. It turned out the audience loved it, and during the next few series our characters evolved, grew, moved on, and the setting changed to Barry in Wales.

Part of my attraction to Being Human is that it is British. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I also enjoy watching The Vampire Diaries and True Blood, among other things. But for me, to find a good, realistic, British supernatural drama on our native BBC, was just perfect. I am very sad to see the end of Being Human. I am also very interested to see what comes next.

I can’t help but think that there is now room for something more, perhaps a television dramatization of my Redcliffe novels? I am here, I am waiting, and I am hungry for the action! And judging by the popularity of Being Human, there are many more people who feel the same way. They just need to discover Redcliffe like I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment