Tuesday 5 March 2013

Hump Day Hook #HDH – A Little Supernatural Chaos in Cornwall

I couldn’t resist sharing just one more snippet from Love Redeems (A Redcliffe Novel), especially since the novel will go live for sale this week! Look out for updates when all the various sales outlets catch up, but in the meantime you can get the first two Redcliffe novels via my website in both paperback and all eBook formats.



For now, here is an excerpt following an incident between our heroine Jessica, her animal familiar, and the Redcliffe werewolf pack:

“Are they alright, Danny?” I asked tentatively.
    Danny turned his head slowly to stare at me.  My heart skipped a beat and thudded painfully in my chest.  I swallowed again, forcing myself to hold his gaze and not back down.
    “They need to hunt,” Danny said gruffly, “The power hit them hard.  They lost control and their beasts awoke early.  It leaves them in pain and disoriented.  They need their master for support and grounding.”
    “Oh.” Was all I managed to say in reply.
    Danny shook his head.
    “I cannot deal with you at present, Jessica,” he said, “We will speak later.  I must go.”


 If you would like to see more fantastic new novels from lots of different authors, check out our dedicated Hump Day Hook website and the Facebook group. There you will find a wide range of  genres including traditional romance, BDSM, erotica, sci-fi and fantasy.




17 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the next conversation between them, and -- wow -- what made the werewolf pack get so stirred up??!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Flossie! I guess you will find out what happened eventually...

      Delete
  2. Uh-oh. Was this her fault? "The power hit them hard. They lost control..." Hm, who's power? It seems she has a lot left to learn. Interesting. Can't wait to see how she deals with this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh... editing myself, I meant "whose."

      Delete
    2. She certainly does, and the wolves are not always the biggest danger in Redcliffe! Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  3. "Danny turned his head slowly to stare at me..." Knowing he's her familiar, this line underscored the animal in him. Good hook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He isn't exactly her familiar, but she definitely has a hold over him... Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. This leaves lots of unanswered questions and made me curious to read on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow the wording/voice didn't work for me. I am intrigued by the concepts and would probably read more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did it not work? I have had one review where the American reader did not associate with my language style and delivery. Curious! Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  6. wonder why he had to leave and couldn't deal with her. good hook. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why indeed? Theirs is a complicated relationship. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  7. I feel for the werewolves. It sounds they are in painful trouble. A great hook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ciaran! Yes, the poor Redcliffe wolves are under a lot of stress at the moment...

      Delete