Friday 19 April 2013

Review: Trails of Love I Crawl, Part 2 by Ciaran Dwynvil

I recently read Trails of Love I Crawl, part 2 by Ciaran Dwynvil. Here is my review.





I have mixed feelings after reading this book. In the beginning I really enjoyed the prose, the use of language, and the classic romanticism of the whole story. I knew it was a gay erotic novel, and truthfully it is the first of its kind that I have read. Perhaps that is where my mixed feelings came from. I enjoyed the romance and the love story, although I feel that there could have been more emphasis on the passion between Victor and his lover. I certainly felt Amadee’s pain and torment, and I was intrigued with Belial. I recommend this novel if you like something that pushes the boundaries of convention, but be warned, there are some explicitly unpleasant physical scenes that made for very uncomfortable reading.

Aside from the book review, I would just like to recommend Ciaran Dwynvil’s blog website. Ciaran has a wonderful aptitude for prose, and every blog post is a delight for those who appreciate reading in the ‘old fashioned’ sense. Take a look, and you will see what I mean… 

No comments:

Post a Comment